Council and Policy Committees
The Council operates a Committee System, under which there are two types of committees: ‘Policy’ Committees and ‘Regulatory’ Committees.
There are five ‘Policy’ committees: Policy and Resources Committee, Communities Committee, Environment Committee, Place and Economic Development Committee and Health and Wellbeing Committee.
Policy and Resources has two sub-committees: Income Management and Personnel and General Purposes.
The committee functions are set out in the report of the Monitoring Officer to the Council meetings on 21st February 2017 and 18th May 2021.
Certain functions can only be exercised by the full Council, including approving or adopting the policy framework and the budget.
- Annual Council
- Communities Committee
- Environment Committee
- Extra Ordinary Council
- Health and Wellbeing Committee
- Income Management Sub-Committee
- Joint Museums Committee
- Personnel and General Purposes Sub-Committee
- Place and Economic Development Committee
- Policy and Resources Committee
- Worcestershire Regulatory Services Board
There are four ‘Regulatory’ committees. These Committees are set up to consider and determine all matters covered by a particular regulatory system.
Planning Committee has the authority to determine all applications under the development control system.
Licensing and Environmental Health Committee and its related Sub-Committees deal with issues such as street trading, taxi licensing and matters under the Licensing Act 2003.
Audit and Governance Committee provides independent assurance to our Members of the adequacy of the risk management framework and the internal control environment and is responsible for the approval of the Annual Accounts.
Standards Committee is responsible for promoting and maintaining high standards of conduct by Councillors, Co-opted Members and Parish Councillors.
- Audit and Governance Committee
- Licensing and Environmental Health Committee
- Licensing Sub Committee - Licensing Act 2003
- Licensing Sub Committee - Taxis
- Licensing Sub-Committee - Gambling Act 2005
- Licensing Sub-Committee - Other
- Licensing Sub-Committee - Sex Establishments
- Licensing Sub-Committee - Street Trading
- Planning Committee
- Standards Committee
- Standards Committee - Assessment Sub-Committee
- Standards Committee - Hearings Sub-Committee
- Standards Committee - Review Sub-Committee
- West Mercia Police and Crime Panel
These bodies exist to advise the Council and its constituent Committees on various areas of operation.